Monday, November 14, 2005

Now I can be a curly girly ...

,

Hooray hooray, I finished the Curly Whirly scarf! Picture here (sorry, not quite in focus!), and others on the Curly Whirly team blog ...














Now I can think about my next project, the pink tweedy jacket from IK Knitscene magazine I have these Phildar yarns from our trip to Belgium which I think will do the job, substituting for the Classic Elite yarns used in the original, though it's possible that I may need one more to get the right thickness ... Suggestions, anyone, for something thinnish (about 4-ply), fluffyish (slightly brushed would do) and preferably machine washable .... and of course to tone with the ones I already have?



2 Comments:

At 15 November, 2005 10:16, Blogger KnitYoga said...

That IS one gorgeous CW, Mary Lou. The only thing I can think of which is fine and fluffy for tweedy jacket is KSH . . . . . but then that's not machine washable.
Hazel

 
At 15 November, 2005 18:53, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

mmm, I thought of that too, and just about as quickly discarded the idea - I really hate handwashing, and I have found no easy way to dry stuff quickly, so you get the smell of damp wool hangin' around for days (yuk!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home