Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Times when I wonder why I knit ...

Like just now - I was in Marks & Spencer, which is just across the road from my office, a few minutes ago. There's some astonishingly nice knitwear in stock at the moment (both in the main store and in the Per Una section), including some gorgeous cardigans and scarves (both curly whirly and hairpin crochet), and none of it seems to be staggeringly expensive either. In many cases, I doubt if I could even buy the required yarn at the prices they charge - it's definitely not a cheap sport anymore ...

2 Comments:

At 26 October, 2005 14:57, Blogger Daisy said...

I thought much the same thing in M & S on Saturday! I keep avoiding buying knitwear thinking that I could just make it myself, but that's definitely the more expensive option!

 
At 26 October, 2005 15:09, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

Yes! - I especially like the stuff in Per Una (quite surprisingly, as I'm 'allergic' to frayed edges, which I find annoying in the extreme) - there's a gorgeous stripy cardi in a linen-y type yarn with enormous un-matched buttons, which I really love, and several sideways knitted pieces, one of which has an asymmetric hem, and a french-style cardi - the type with the little collar and moss stitch bands. I know I could knit any of them, provided I could work out a pattern, but if I bought them instead, then I could be working on something else ...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home