Saturday, October 15, 2005

New Vogue Knitting just arrived ...

... so many knitting magazines in such a short space of time!

Lots of lovely colours in this issue, and some very covetable coats in there, including one which would definitely qualify for "Odd Ball knitting", containing at least 10 different yarns (and only a couple of balls of each) - could be a great excuse for stash reduction, though of course I might have to supplement the already accumulated stuff, to have sufficient to do it ... ;) I suspect that it will become a candidate for You Knit What?, they've already got one of the scarves up with some suitably trenchant comments - but no matter! I feel a long-term project coming on ...

3 Comments:

At 16 October, 2005 21:00, Blogger acechick said...

Vogue knitting is my favourite of all the mags. Apart from IK. Oh, and the new knitscene. And of course, Rowan, but that hardly counts as a mag, right?

 
At 17 October, 2005 01:26, Blogger garnlek said...

Oooh, I hope my issue arrives soon too. Thank you for your comment!

 
At 17 October, 2005 12:13, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

I like Vogue Knitting too, and yes it is probably my favourite of all the magazines I've seen, although I went off it for quite a timme, during the 90's (partly difficulty of obtaining it, and whenever I did get hold of it, didn't like the contents particularly).

I enjoy the articles in Interweave Knits, but am not always especially keen on the knits themselves (had to laugh at You Knit What's "Poor little red haired girl" comments recently...!).

Knitting and Simply Knitting I buy, as I think we need to encourage publishers to produce knitting magazines, but have rarely felt the urge to make something from either magazine - the ads are useful though

Of the ones no longer in production, my favourites were McCalls Knitting and Needlecraft, Fashioncraft and Mon Tricot. Have many of these in my collection of older patterns, and it can often be fun to look through, and see how things have changed, not just styles and shapes, but techniques used as well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home