Tuesday, October 18, 2005

One down, and one to go!

In retrospect, the exam wasn't quite as bad as I'd feared - don't think that means I've done particularly well, but I think I've probably scraped a pass, and quite honestly, beyond that I don't really care ...!

Took a ball of King Cole Anti-Tickle DK and some needles with me on the train, so the cabled slip-over from the Womans Weekly Knitting Special 2005 is a WIP at last, which is really nice, had been suffering withdrawal symptoms over no knitting for the last 2 weeks or so, while I got on with revising - "got on with" is probably too strong a phrase, especially when combined with work/family life, eg. lots of school visits for youngest daughter who is taking 11+ in January, and pushing son to finish some of the coursework for his Maths GCSE retake which is due in on Friday - lucky I can do Maths, isn't it? - Parent-Teacher consultations, etc etc etc .............

Managed to do that nice circular look cast on (cable cast on alternately tfl and tbl, two rows of K1, yf, slip 1 p, yb, then rib as normal, and the ribbing is really looking nice with a lovely 'rolled' edge - though if someone can point me in the direction of a video tutorial for the matching bind-off, I'd be really grateful - have tried it before from Montse Stanley's book, and not sure I'm doing it right.

Hooray Hooray anyway - only Thursday to get through now!

1 Comments:

At 19 October, 2005 17:00, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Glad your exam went well! Didn't go to the Knit 'n' Natter in the end due to work commitments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home