Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Short intermission - do not adjust your sets ...

I'm having to re-think on the tweedy jacket - the pink yarn is too 'in your face' to use in combination with the other two (despite being a colour included in the tweedy mix yarn) - managed to get correct tension (though had to use 2 sizes bigger on needles, ie 6.5mm rather than 5.5mm) and good handle, not too stiff, not too floppy. Looked great under artifical light (and under my daylight bulb), but completely drowns out the other two yarns under real daylight (go figure!) - need to find the same sort of colour but softer (and a bit fluffier?) if that's possible.


Meanwhile, while I think about that, I know I just said in the previous post that I almost never knit the same thing twice, but I'm thinking of re-working the pattern for the ladder yarn top in this - it's Lana Grossa "Puntolinea" (which I bought in Munich in July, though I think it may now be discontinued) in yet another deep pink shade. Think the photo doesn't do it full justice, as it doesn't really show up the shininess of the yarn - it's a fairly heavy viscose-y looking tape yarn with thick and thin bits, so quite textured. Will probably leave out the pointy edging this time round, and will be going for more drape at the front neckline, so much more increasing in the shoulder darts ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home