Saturday, December 03, 2005

Cold!

No heating in the house today - a pipe leading to one of our radiators seems to have a slight leak, so John is going to attempt to fix it ... the children have been told that they're about to find out what it was like back in the Dark Ages (aka 'When Mummy & Daddy Were Little Children'), when central heating in british homes was not the norm. I can hear my father's cry echoing down a couple of decades, "If you're cold, put on another jumper ...!" - it still haunts me, I often used to end up looking rather like a woolly onion, I had so many layers on!

Holly's curly scarf is done, and I will post pics later. Started looking at the Imperial Crown tea cosy pattern for my mother's christmas present, have never seen such a badly written pattern - no tension given, no measurements for finished item, the making up diagrams would not actually give the same result as the finished one in the photos ... looks like I'm going to have to do a complete re-write - maybe I should just knit her a scarf instead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home