Thursday, December 08, 2005

Nothing much

Has been fairly quiet this week. I am working on a yoke-necked cardi with the aid of Ann Budd (saves me having to do the calculations -and I can't see the point in re-inventing the wheel here!) in the lovely Adriafil Globe Multicolore (shade 40, green multicolour) which I brought back from Belgium. I'm not sure why I like this random yarn when I didn't like the Louisa Harding angora, but I think it has to do with the fact that the colours are much more the same tone, so I'm not getting light and dark patches. I plan to use up some of the Ornaghi Farfalla Stampato (shade 7) which I bought in Andorra as garter stitch stripes on the yoke (rather similar to Holly's scarf) - some of the balls I bought have exactly the same colours as the Globe yarn, just brighter because of the shinier viscose-like texture. As I have the whole rainbow to choose from for the buttons then I will probably choose one of each colour ... starting to sound very Per Una isn't it?

Am still thinking about doing some Christmas knitting, but it will probably be loopy and luscious scarves from knitty, which are quick to do - I have some nice odd balls of various types to use up, so I just need to get some fine mohair in a dark grey or brown. Apart from that, two magazines today - found the latest Simply Knitting during my lunch break, and got home to find the latest Interweave Knits waiting for me - lots of gorgeous cables in this issue ...

1 Comments:

At 17 December, 2005 02:13, Blogger susoolu said...

Isn't Ann Budd great - I'm looking forward to seeing your results. And glad that you are all warm again.

Oh, and by the way, blogshares?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home