Sunday, February 05, 2006

A moment of madness ...?

After much umm-ing and ahh-ing, have decided to join in the Knitting Olympics. I am going to knit either a mohair coat (I have 500g sitting in the stash that says it would like to be a coat) to my own design, or if the ggh Soft Kid I ordered arrives in time, I will knit the Tweedy Jacket (finally!). The challenge for me will be in getting it done, whichever of the 2 it finally turns out to be, as the final course for the Honours part of my degree also starts this week, so no pressure there, then ...!

7 Comments:

At 05 February, 2006 13:19, Blogger Spinningsue said...

Welcome to the madness! Good luck with your Olympic challenge. :-)

 
At 05 February, 2006 13:49, Blogger susoolu said...

Olympic knitters are not mad, we've always twitched slightly at the sight of needles and yarn! Good luck, and glad you've joined - and good luck with the final course, too.

 
At 05 February, 2006 16:25, Blogger KnitYoga said...

I thought you might not be able to resist. ;-) Good luck with your Olympic project and with the course, too!

 
At 05 February, 2006 18:24, Blogger Mary said...

Welcome to the team! Good luck with the project and your course. Don't forget there's a Team GB button too if you fancy.

 
At 06 February, 2006 20:24, Blogger Wye Sue said...

Welcome to the team :-)
I've got a simlar problem with OU assignment due day I leave for Skipnorth... Who needs sleep ?

 
At 08 February, 2006 13:31, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

You're mad, Mary-lou... infact you all are! ;)

I'll be cheering from the sidelines, don't fret, but I just couldn't deal with the stress of imposing a new challenge on myself!

Good luck GB team....x

 
At 09 February, 2006 11:13, Blogger Minnieknits said...

'Go Mary-lou, Go Mary-lou !'
Just practising my chanting from the sidelines for your attempt for gold at the Olympics!
Its a bit humbling to see so many taking part who obviously have busy lives anyway, but still want the challenge of being part of the whole Knitting Olympics scene !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home