Friday, December 23, 2005

Home for the Holidays!

It's been a busy week, and I haven't been near the computer since Monday ... I can't believe how many new postings my Bloglines subscriber showed up for all the other blogs I read, it's going to take DAYS to catch up

Have completed two little furry collars, which are based on the long V-collar on the Lion Brand website - only took about 90 metres of eyelash yarn each. I just have to sew on the ribbon ties, and wrap them (remembering to photograph them first!). Have also completed a scarf for my mother in Wendy Chic (2 balls only required) which is lovely in the dark brown/bronze colourway, and am halfway through a similar one in the sea green colour for John's mum. Photos will all go up once Christmas is officially here, and the recipients have 'oohed' and 'aahed' sufficiently...

Tomorrow will be mainly a tidying-up day (must get the stash under control, or at least into some sort of order, or at least not strewn everywhere), and a collect the order from the butcher day, and a put the Christmas tree up day (we never do it before Christmas Eve), and my mum and sister are taking the little darlings to see Harry Potter, so also a 'no children underfoot' day (result!), which will also give me a chance to wrap their presents up unnoticed. Christmas Day is also Holly's Birthday, so I must remember to buy birthday cards and suitable wrapping paper. The M&S caterpillar cake, (our birthday cake of choice, accept no substitute!) is already obtained, so that's 1 thing less to do tomorrow.

In other news (as they say), got home from work this evening to find a letter from the OU to say that I can accept the ordinary BSc now based on the courses completed since 1999 to date, and I will still be eligible for the Honours part when (if) I complete the last course next year. WOW! This means that I am finally a GRADUATE! Also, the laptop is finally going in for repair - it's the LCD screen - and John has agreed to pay for this, so that's my proper pressie sorted (I have missed my little laptop), and the OU letter is a spot of icing on the Christmas Cake.

Guess it only remains for me to wish you all a very very Happy Christmas!! There will be a posting on Christmas Day for John's niece Rebecca, as the pattern part of her Christmas present, and of course the rest of you are welcome to 'eavesdrop' (don't know what the blog equivalent of this is ... any suggestions?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home