Monday, March 13, 2006

Yarnaholics Anonymous

Green boa is done (photos will be posted after my sisters' birthday on 23rd), and I'm back to working on a cardie in the boucle yarn donated acquired at February's Maidstone Knitters meeting - testing out how to make a fitted body shape by decreasing / increasing at the appropriate points.

Meanwhile I've come to the conclusion that I and my stash need help! I went to Maidstone Knitters on Saturday, determined to be good, and came home with 16 new (to me at least) balls of yarn (5 interestingly knoppy ones - Robin Charade, I think - donated by Jan, which I think I might experiment on with some dye, 1 ball of Patons ZigZag - an absolute necessity to complete the boa, and 10 balls of eyelash yarn which were a bargain at 99p each in Wilkinsons - and it's not even as if I need any eyelash yarn at the moment).

So I am joining the Stashalong blog for at least a couple of months - wanted to join back in January, but was just a little late, and now have got to the point where John is making all sorts of threats about what will happen to the stash if I don't get it under control ...

Had a go at lacemaking on Saturday as well, Sharon bravely let me loose on her work in progress, and hopefully there may be a picture of this when Hazel gets round to uploading the photos ... which she has now done, thanks Hazel!

2 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006 15:19, Blogger ~Silvia~ said...

Well I would be better of if I had never been told by Hazelnutcluster about your Steek boa and then found all the other yummy's you make. My stash keeps growing instead of shrinking even though I am always making something!!!
By the way I am using my old Blogger account as I would not be able to leave you a message otherwise

 
At 14 March, 2006 19:39, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

oops! mea culpa (hangs head in shame) - it's so easy to get into bad habits isn't it? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home