Sunday, April 02, 2006

Arrrgggghhhh ....

....... this inventory thing is going to take weeks! Everyone else seems to be so organised by comparison - just take a look at Wibbo's, by way of example (and she's not the only one ...)

So I've started a spreadsheet (how do you get one of those onto Blogger, btw?), and I'm typing away madly - I think most of my problems are going to come when I get down to the odd balls (so far, I've only done the most recent stuff, mainly in sweater-sized amounts), then there are the ones with missing ball bands (can anyone remember the name of that yarn shop that used to be just off Carnaby Street, for example. No? - neither can I - but I have 3 unlabelled skeins of black/red/lurex that I know came from there, approx 25 years ago). Maybe I shouldn't have started doing this - I just know it's going to depress me! - so much yarn, so little time to knit it all ...

Happier stuff, was donated 3 balls of Patons Diana (that's an old 80's one!) yesterday, should make a nice scarf, or a boa (with suitable additions), and I found a copy of 'The Patricia Roberts Collection' in the local charity shop for £1.50 (doubt if I'll ever knit much of what's in there, most of it's far too fine a gauge, but it's nice to look at, and might still give me some ideas). The lady in the shop knows someone who does a lot of charity knitting, and says that any wool I care to donate will be gratefully received, so that's a useful outlet for the stuff that I really don't want. Just got to get on and do the list, then - ho hum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home