Saturday, April 22, 2006

A good day ...

... despite having to go to work yesterday. Cakes in the office, courtesy of M&S (the lemon drizzle cake is especially popular), and several beers with colleagues at lunchtime.

Got home to find my books have arrived, and they are both fantastic, am especially knocked out by Debbie New's book (it is AMAZING!). I have some book vouchers, so will have to decide what to buy with them (I love the feeling of walking into a book-shop or indeed any shop knowing that I have free money to spend, and I can usually spin the deciding process out for weeks ...!). I also have some beautiful Brittany Birches from Hazel (so will have to decide on a suitable project for them, to match their beauty if you see what I mean).

Then to Janet's for a Weekenders party - I love their clothes, elasticated waistbands (whisper it quietly in case the Style Police are listening!) and all, easy to look after, and great for travelling - spent lots of money (always fun), and Janet & Rachel had organised cake & wine as well.

Overall, a really happy day - and I hope that Annarella, Ruth's Dad, my niece Tuesday, 'Only fools & Horses' Nicholas Lyndhurst, and of course, Ma'am (drops a quick curtsey), had a good day too.

Holly took one look at me when I said about having to get my photo taken, and said I have to get a haircut ... drat, that's this weekend's fly in the ointment to come!

Have completed another couple of Loopas, and still working on the fichu ... photos later.

2 Comments:

At 22 April, 2006 14:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary-Lou
You ask about needle felting? Not that I am in any way an expert but here is a link
http://www.bearhugs.co.uk/needlefelting.htm
I am just learning..for now!!

 
At 30 April, 2006 17:06, Blogger Alice said...

lol when i saw that picture i thought you were going to use them as needles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home