Thursday, April 06, 2006

Oh my ...

A sorry tale, I think ... done the inventory, and filled up large plastic crates. As soon as I have worked out how to do a simple table (or post an Excel spreadsheet), I will. In the meantime you'll have to read the description instead ...

Firstly, some totals - I have about 336 balls of yarn, or about 18 kilograms of yarn, or nearly 41 kilometres of the stuff, in various quantities, ranging from enough to make a coat right down to just enough for a mobile phone holder. Gulp!

A truly international collection - I have yarns from lots of English companies: Sirdar, Wendy, Patons, Hayfield, Jaeger, King Cole, Rowan, Robin, Lister, Stylecraft, Colinette, Debbie Bliss, Twilleys of Stamford, Hipknits, SIlkwood, Louisa Harding; along with a fair cross-section of French (Phildar), German (Online, Schachenmayr, Wolle Roedel, Regia), Italian (Lana Grossa, Gedifra, Ornaghi, FIlatura di Crosa, Adriafil), Scandinavian (Hovland), Turkish (Yarnart, Ice Yarns), and Japanese (Noro) yarns.

A few of the highlights - 2 lots of 10 balls of Filatura di Crosa Valentin mohair (2500 metres each lot), one in red, the other in charcoal, 15 balls of Coriandolo (fancy boucle) and 10 balls of Sympathie (smooth wool/mohair blend), both also by FIlatura di Crosa, which appear to be a colour match in Parma violet shades - bought these on eBay recently. Then there are about 20 balls of Jaeger Matchmaker DK in assorted land- and sea-scape colours - one day I will get around to knitting the Hokusai Wave jumper from Elle (the french magazine, not the spinner), 5 balls of Regia Canadian (working on a secret project with this currently), four skeins of kid mohair (mentioned in the previous posting), 4 balls of Colinette Isis, 4 skeins of Noro Blossom, and (just for Fred! ;P) 12 balls of Sirdar Dune (I'm planning something very evening-y in this.)

By the looks of things, I have sufficient to knit 20 jumpers, 10 shawls, and about 35 scarves / assorted small projects - is this SABLE or not? - and it seems that what I mainly go for is texture/colour. It certainly isn't yarn content (there's an awful lot of acrylic in them thar stash boxes ...) Better get knitting, I think!

5 Comments:

At 06 April, 2006 15:49, Blogger susoolu said...

I don't know if it is SABLE or not, but it seems a scary amount. But then ... you break it down into garments, and suddenly it all seems perfectly reasonable. Now THAT is scary!

 
At 08 April, 2006 15:03, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow I can totally relate to the SABLE experience you describe so well...I just went through mine as well and felt like a crazy lady with a lot of yarn.

 
At 08 April, 2006 20:38, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

yep, scary, isn't it?!

 
At 09 April, 2006 23:16, Blogger Unknown said...

In answer to your question on my blog, Mary Lou, from the Sock Yarn Shop on Ebay. I have tried leaving a link here but blogger will not allow it.
Search for 'Sock Yarn Shop' on Ebay.
bw
colin

 
At 12 April, 2006 06:52, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

It's not scary, it's impressive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home