Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Virtuous ...?

More than halfway through the inventory, and I have filled up a very large supermarket-sized bag with stuff that I know I won't use (as far as I can guesstimate, there's 2 - 3 kilos in there), but would hate to just throw away.

Daughters Holly & Emily are going to take it down to the Charity Shop for me tomorrow for the lady that makes small afghans and the like, so none of it will be wasted, but it won't be eyeing me accusingly any more from the stash pile either - hooray, feel quite virtuous! - just got to complete the inventory now ...

Thanks to Wibbo for the answer to the name of the shop that used to be off Carnaby Street ("The Yarn Store"), here's another one for you all - does anyone remember a shop in the Yorkshire Dales called (iirc) "Knitters of Dent", have just found 4 assorted skeins of kid mohair (each approx 400m in length), and I think hand-dyed, which I bought in there. It cost me an arm and a leg (well actually, about £28) 25 years ago - what I'm actually after is the name of the spinner, but think this one might be too difficult ...? (Unless someone knows better, of course).

1 Comments:

At 21 April, 2006 10:02, Blogger NikolaAnne said...

Where is your Charity shop! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home