Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Brilliant site

Update to previous - the knob things are called "bag protective feet" - and thanks to Silvia, here's a terrifc site for all things baggy. Have ordered feet, magnetic snaps, bag bottoms and interlinings. As I also have a few spare skeins of Noro Blossom hanging around (but not enough to do anything much else with), think this may also be going to go baggish.

The plastic canvas is sewn in, and I think I may have found a nice button (looks like a reddish-gold overhand knot) to cover the magnetic snap closure on the tab. Drew a bit of a blank yesterday on finding a suitable lining when I went into Cranbrook yesterday (in an attempt to avoid housework - yes I know this makes me a Bad Person!), but I'm lunching in Maidstone with Hazel on Friday, so I can hit C&H Fabrics at the same time, and they usually have a really good selection of furnishing stuff, cords etc.

Update 25.5.2006 - the order arrived from u-handbag this afternoon - now that's what I call service! - thanks Silvia for the heads up ...

4 Comments:

At 24 May, 2006 10:30, Blogger Rain said...

Oooooo watch that Hazel, she'll lead you astray, I've seen the results of her shopping trips!

Thanks for the link to the bag site, it will be really useful.

 
At 24 May, 2006 18:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH lovely bag site!
Thank you,
my bank manager wont!
Sue
xxx

 
At 25 May, 2006 15:47, Blogger KnitYoga said...

The bag's looking great and I like the idea of the "furnishings" to make it just so. Might just have to have a mooch around C&H Fabrics, too, as I still need lining material for my flowery bag . . . and Rain's right, I'm afraid, I'm an extremely bad influence and ought not to be let out without sensible guidance . . . but then you know that! ;-)

 
At 30 May, 2006 11:58, Blogger garnlek said...

Thank you, this is what I've been searching for. I immediately spent too much money for stuff I just MUST have. Thank you for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home