Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Come home Spike, all is forgiven ...

... anyone have any suggestions for re-capturing an escaped hamster? A certain 10 year-old who will remain nameless (E***y) managed to leave the hatch open on top of the cage, and the dratted creature has run away - well OK, he's somewhere in the house, but haven't so far worked out where. Am considering trying to get hold of some of those humane traps, to see if that will work, but it's the only idea I've had so far. If anyone knows a better way of doing it, feel free to leave me a comment, his owner will accept any suggestions only too happily right now.

UPDATE - caught the little pest a couple of hours ago - relieved small owner, who (I hope) will have Learnt Her Lesson - and he is back behind bars (where he belongs, IMHO). Just pure luck that I happened to look into the room as he ventured out, even so I am amazed at how fast the little perisher can run when he wants to. Thanks to Daisy, and I will check out Blueadt's blog - to the rest of you, keep the suggestions coming, just in case we ever have to do this again (hope not)

2 Comments:

At 30 May, 2006 08:35, Blogger Daisy said...

Blueadt was having escaped hamster issues too. I think her solution involved a vase at an angle? She wrote about it on her blog anyway!

 
At 30 May, 2006 09:45, Blogger Rain said...

I think food to coax and a way of trapping the escapee may work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home