Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Finished the bag


Firstly a detail from the lining fabric - this is machine embroidered silk, puchased in C&H Fabrics last Friday, purchased with almost no prompting at all from Hazel. Have often noticed, that I look at things first, and choose the thing that I like most, and am then horrified by the price (this is supposed to show that I have Good Taste!). So it was on this occasion, but I am consoling myself with the thought that as it was a remnant it only cost me half what it should have done at £25. I have managed to include internal pockets for cards, cheque book and mobile phone, and I still have enough left over for several more bags, so it will work out cheaply in the end ...


And here's the bag itself in all it's glory. Note to self - fitting eyelets is dangerous! - it is very easy indeed to hit your thumb with the hammer (a bit like something out of a Tom & Jerry cartoon)...

4 Comments:

At 31 May, 2006 10:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is just gorgeous

 
At 31 May, 2006 18:34, Blogger Rain said...

I LOVE that fabric.

Hope the thumb isn't giving you too much grief.

 
At 01 June, 2006 23:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo doesn't do it justice! It's beautiful - thanks for the links to the bag suppliers

 
At 03 June, 2006 09:21, Blogger Unknown said...

Terrific bag, Mary-Lou.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home