Friday, June 09, 2006

Ready for Knitting in Public ...

I have made some big needles (though judging by the state of one of my wrists, which has decided to go all 'clicky' today - too many bags carried back from Norwich the other day, I suspect! - I may not actually use them). I have several alternatives in mind (lightweight plastic 20mm needles, or big circs), so I think it may not be a problem anyway.

I have assorted "fun" yarns picked out, and some finished items for the display table. I have a couple of Loopas, crochet hooks and suitable yarn for loopa-ing with. I've picked out an assortment of magazines, and I have also today got hold of a copy of the latest Knit.1 magazine which actually has some stuff in that I'd like to knit (amazing! - this issue is far more 'grown-up' than the previous ones).

I even managed to get hold of a few lightweight stools to sit on. I've checked the bus timetable, and it looks as though I should have no problem getting into Maidstone before 9am (when we have to set up the stand and display).

I have T-shirts that I plan to graffiti with "Worldwide Knitting in Public" in marker pen for Holly and Emily (assuming they want to come too, and assuming that they would wear them if I do), and I have some small vacuum flasks for coffee ... now, is there anything I've forgotten?

2 Comments:

At 09 June, 2006 20:58, Blogger susoolu said...

You might need to add something a little tasty, to your coffee, if that is your wont. Sounds like you are geared up for a hectic fun day.

Have a wonderful KIPping day, and fingers crossed for good and exciting news elsewhere (now that blogger is finally playing properly, and I can comment!).

 
At 10 June, 2006 13:14, Blogger Rain said...

Have a fantastic day - sounds like fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home